Tuesday, January 8, 2008

That's What S/He Said!


Some interesting recent quotes....


Conservative pundit Robert Novak (on Senator Obama's chances to win the presidency) - "I think the only potential Achilles heel is in a general election, if there is some racist prejudice. I'm not sure there is. He's, as poor Joe Biden said, he's clean. He isn't a stereotype African-American. And I think he's a very strong candidate." Poor Biden? Stereotype African American? Nice.

Ice Cube (in Complex magazine on GW) - He (George W. Bush) doesn’t give a f*ck about anybody. That’s my main frustration. He cares about making his families rich and his friends. That’s how his daddy is, and that’s how he is. The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. They don’t care about nobody, they just want to be rich, and use their position to get richer. They know they have four or eight years to snatch and grab all they can and they did. And people are going to say “worst president ever,” and he’ll say “who gives a sh*t? I’m rich.” (Ice Cube take them to school and teach! He's so right!).

Halle Berry (on being pregnant and walking the red carpet) - "It is true that I am three times the girl I usually am. I have to say there are some really wonderful things that come along with that. This is the first red carpet that I've really walked down where I didn't have to think about holding in my stomach – because I can't."

Mr. Blackwell (on Posh Spice being named the worst dressed of '07) - "Forget the fashion spice - wearing a skirt would suffice! In one skinny-mini monstrosity after another, pouty posh can really wreck-em."

Baseball player Roger Clemens (on whether the steroids scandal will jeopardize his Hall of Fame potential) - "You think that I played my career because I'm worrying about the damn Hall of Fame? If you have a vote and it's (turned) because of this, you keep your vote. I don't need the Hall of Fame to justify that I put my butt on the line and I worked my tail off. And I defy anybody to say I did it by cheating or taking any shortcuts. OK?"

Roger Clemens' trainer's lawyer Richard Emery (after Clemens secretly recorded his client regarding the steroids issue) - "He wants to play that game, he's going to get buried. I have no compunction about putting him in jail. This is war." And the plot thickens. If Clemens did take steroids as it appears many in the baseball arena were, then he needs to calm the heck down and take his lumps.

No comments: