Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Maria Sharapova - For losing in the second round of Wimbeldon to a player ranked 154th in the world and then for being insulted by the player after she lost. After beating Sharapova, Alla Kudryavtseva said, "I don't like her outfit. It's a little too much of everything. ... It was one of the motivations to beat her." HAAAA!
Keyshia Cole, Her Mama and Her Sister - For Coles' craptastic BET Awards performance, her mother's general demeanor, and her sister's ill-fitting dress.
Don Imus - See previous post.
Kanye West - For his rant against the Bonnaroo folks. He's the king alright--the king of hyperbole. He said, "This Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been ... this is the maddest I ever will be." Geez, didn't he say the same thing about the MTV video awards last year when they had him performing in the suites instead of on the main stage. I mean, "Stronger" was made for stadiums people. STADIUMS!!!!!!
Rick Ross's belly - No explanation needed.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
- Highlight - Al Green's performance and the audience enjoying Al Green. It looked like a real party and that was one moment I really wanted to be there and sing, "Why do people break up, turn around and make up? I just can't seeeee."
- Lowlight - Rick Ross's belly. Any euphoria that I had from seeing a fit and still sexy LL evaporated on seeing Ross's dancing tattooed belly through his open velour jacket.
- Highlight - A Keys bringing out SWV, En Vogue and TLC. Even some of the missed notes didn't tamp down my excitement.
- Lowlight - Keyshia Cole's performance and her sister's boobs about to pop out of her dress--leftie was making a real run for the border.
- Highlight - Marvin Sapp's performance.
- Lowlight - D.L. Hughley calling him "Warren" Sapp. HAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- Highlight - The rain special effects during Chris Brown's performance and the plastered smile on Rihanna's face while Ciara was puttin' it on her man.
- Lowlight - Seeing lil' Chrissy Brown's pelvic thrusts on the floor. He's trying so hard to be a man.
- Highlight - Usher's choreography
- Lowlight - Usher. I don't know, he just was not as hot looking as he used to be and there was something tired about him.
- Highlight - Niecy Nash's adopting white children bit.
Why was Lisa Lisa there? Head to Toe was 20 years ago!
Why would anybody give Diddy vodka and a microphone? He was running all around the after party!
Why must Kanye insert how great he is into everything? Even when he was complimenting T-Pain, he said, he was one of the kings of the game and his opinion matters. Isn't he like a child standing on a chair saying, "I'm a big boy. I demand you to listen to me. Tell me how great I am. Please....."?
Didn't Tyrese look underwhelmed by T-Pain when the camera cut to him during the performance?
T-Pain and a circus makes perfect sense doesn't it?
Didn't Ludacris look fresh and clean when he came through for "I'm so hood"?
Why is Cuba Gooding, Jr. so corny?
Don't all musical tributes on BET pale in comparison to when Yolanda Adams, Prince, Stevie Wonder and India Arie did a tribute to Chaka Khan?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Congrats to the Oil industry, Energy execs and George Bush for narrowly edging out the R. Kelly Jury to win Joker of the Week. Who will take this week's crown? Hmmmm....
Michelle Malkin - I'm a week late on this nomination, but I still feel it is warranted. The same Fox news contributor who went after Rachael Ray for wearing a "terrorist" scarf in a Dunkin Donuts' ad a few weeks ago, had the audacity to refer to Michelle Obama as Barack Obama's "baby mama" on Fox News. Are you kidding me? Whether it was in jest or an attempt to be cool, it is wholly inappropriate. I have never heard any other presidential candidate's wife relegated to baby mama status. Boo to Malkin! BOO!
Mark Wahlberg and the cast of the Ocean's movies - Wahlberg recently said he was glad he turned down the role played by Matt Damon in the Ocean's Eleven series. Wahlberg said, "It was well worth it! The second one sucked! People tell George Clooney it's great, but we all know it sucked. I made two bad movies instead - 'Planet of the Apes" and 'The Truth About Charlie' - but doing that was better than sitting with Brad and George, telling the press how great everybody is: 'We were in Europe, George was funny, then we had some wine..." This is a dual nomination. Wahlberg deserves a nod because the comments were kind of unnecessary; and the cast deserves an award because Wahlberg is actually right, especially about Ocean's Twelve.
The Los Angeles Lakers - It seems wrong to nominate this team when they have already had such a horrible week. Nevertheless, it has to be done because they lost by 5 million points.
The security guard at my mother's office building - The guard is from Ghana and is married. He has a wife and two kids back in Ghana. Yet he continues to try and holla at my mom. His last move was to offer to buy her fig newtons at the convenient store. My mother had to explain to him that he was disrespecting himself, his wife and her by trying to begin a relationship.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
- IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Day Dreaming - Mary J. Blige (The Tour album)
- WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? We will be the ones - Virtue ( A tribute to Rosa Parks). That's interesting.
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Butterfly - Mariah Carey
- HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Your Name is Jesus. Fred Hammond. (Now that's accurate as all get out. I am on full gospel mode today and am relying on the encouragement).
- WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? It's Praying Time - Dorothy Norwood (Shake the Devil Off cd). HAA. Again--my mood today.
- WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? I should have cheated - Keyshia Cole. LMBAO.
- WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? I go to the Rock - Whitney Houston (Preacher's Wife). Man, the gospel songs are coming out like crazy.
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? Say u Will - Brandy (Afrodisiac)
- WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? I can't wait - Akon. I plead the 5th.
- WHAT IS 2+2? This is why I'm hot (reggae mix) - Mims.
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? On the couch - Prince (ummm, negative).
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Give me the reason - Luther Vandross. Interesting....
- WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Someone in the Dark - Michael Jackson (Thriller).
- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Gangsta Lovin' - Eve and A. Keys. HAAAA!
- WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Again and Again - Mya (Fear of Flying).
- WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Migrate - Mariah Carey
- WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? Get up and Praise - Kelly Price (this is who I am). HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I LOVE IT.
- WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Do your thang - Xscape (Off the Hook)
- WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? More than a melody - Yolanda Adams.
- WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Running Away - Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Dale Caliente - Daddy Yankee
- WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? U Got the Look - Prince. LOL.
Fresh and Fab
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
I have lived in the Washington Metropolitan area for most of my life, except during law school. So I am used to panhandlers AKA bums. Sometimes I give, but most of the time, I keep it moving. Now I work right near the Verizon Center and with Chinatown now a booming area of activity, there has been a rise in panhandling. Every time I step out for lunch, I'm asked for change or asked about other things...
Last week a gentleman came up and asked me, "Where's Boog-a-loo?" I just kept it moving, although my male colleague said I should have responded, "Boog-a-loo is in your mouth." LMAO.
The week before last, a guy asked me if I had 35 cents. When I shook my head, he said, "Well, do you have a boyfriend?" And you know that joker was serious? I said yes. Said clown did not appear to have any mental problems, so that could not be an excuse. But he actually tried to holla at me after he had just asked me for 35 cents. Whaaaaa? That takes some serious nerve. Note: If you want to ask a woman out, don't ask her to bum change first, joker.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Barack Obama has done it! I screamed so loudly during his victory speech last night that you would have thought I was actually in the arena in Minnesota. Words cannot describe how proud I am of Barack Obama and his accomplishments. I have followed this race, donated money repeatedly, and most importantly I began to believe that he could win during this campaign. The road ahead of us will be difficult and the fight will be hard, but last night was a great victory, and I honestly believe that Obama can beat John McCain. I watched McCain's speech last night--I didn't see change--I saw the same old politics and the same legacy of elderly Anglo Saxon men leading this country. I want real change! I want a better foreign policy that is not driven by arrogant bully tactics. I want an educational system that actually doesn't leave a child behind. I want a leader who knows more about the economy than I do. I want a leader who understands the complexity of race relations in America and civil rights issues. And dammit I want somebody that looks like me in a leadership role!
It is my hope and it is my dream that this family will take their next family photo on the White House lawn. Obama for life!
P.S. Hillary is a hater and a sore loser.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
The Rock is officially SINGLE! This does not mean that I can break up with my boyfriend and commence stalking, but it does mean that I can drool over him guilt free. LOL! Let the admiration commence!
Who's your celebrity crush?