Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stuck in a Reality Rut



Last year I swore off American Idol after that Sanjaya debacle and Blake Lewis outlasting mousy but talented Melinda Doolittle. I was convinced this time I could keep the resolution because AI was no longer holding my attention anyway. But I'll be damned if I didn't watch Tuesday's and Wednesday's episodes last night after winding down from an evening round of Taebo with Billy Blanks. (sigh). It's the writer's strike and the end of scripted television that ruined my Anti-Idol resolution. I can only read and watch the news so much. Eventually, I need to veg out, and since there's nothing new coming on (aside from The Wire woohooo!!!), I find myself glued to American Idol and generally watching reality programs that should not interest me (i.e. Crowned: The Mother of All Beauty Pageants and Celebrity Apprentice). I hope they reach a resolution soon....or I could do the unthinkable and tune in to American Gladiators.

(Sidenote, comedian Huggy LowDown commented on Randy's new sideburns this morning on TMJS. He said that Randy looked like "an overweight vampire with glasses." L M A O!!!!!!!!!!)

Source

1 comment:

ayla.bird said...

I made fun of American Gladiators. But it is quite entertaining. It requires little brainpower and goes great with Diet Coke and some popcorn... =P