Happy Holidays!!! Welcome to the FIRST ANNUAL JOKER OF THE YEAR AWARDS. Last year we named a single Joker of the Year, but I thought it would be fun to break it down into a few categories. I mean really, how do you compare a Kanye West to a Sarah Palin? Apples and oranges, friends, apples and oranges. So write in your votes in the Comments section and I'll add them all up. Happy voting!
1. Right Wing Republican You Most Want To Slap Into Next Week (If it wouldn't result in you landing in Guantanamo Bay....) Award
- Sarah Palin
- George W. Bush
- Bill O'Reilly
- Dick Cheney
- Rush Limbaugh (Some of his '08 gems include - "Let's say it is Obama and Hillary…Let's put Hillary at the top — That's a position she's familiar with...Therefore, you've got a woman and a black for the first time ever on the Democrat ticket. Ahem. They don't have a prayer.")
2. Bonehead Politician Award
- Elliot Spitzer - NY Governor caught with his hand in the hooker's cookie jar...
- Rod Blagojevich - IL Governor who actually thought he could SELL Barack Obama's senate seat on the DL and is belligerently refusing to resign.
- Sarah Palin - See her interview with Katie Couric. Nuff said.
- George W. Bush - Not just on GP. Did anyone see him dancing for reporters while waiting for John McCain at the White House? Ugh.
- Kwame Kilpatrick - Detroit Mayor caught in horrible scandal involving perjury, sexy text messages and his Chief of Staff.
3. S/He Said What? Award
- BET Co-Founder Bob Johnson (for attacking Obama at a Clinton rally) - "To me, as an African American, I am frankly insulted the Obama campaign would imply that we are so stupid that we would think Hillary and Bill Clinton, who have been deeply and emotionally involved in black issues — when Barack Obama was doing something in the neighborhood; I won't say what he was doing, but he said it in his book — when they have been involved."
- Roseanne Barr (for posting the following on her blog about Oprama) - "Obama votes with Bush constantly funding this terrible endless war.Oprah, you play the race card and the gender card too. You are a closeted republican and chose Barack Obama because you do not like other women who actually stand for something to working American Women besides glamour, angels, hollywood and dieting!"
- Pat Buchanan- For responding to Barack Obama's speech on race relations by saying, "What is wrong with Barack’s prognosis and Barack’s cure?Only this. It is the same old con, the same old shakedown that black hustlers have been running since the Kerner Commission blamed the riots in Harlem, Watts, Newark, Detroit and a hundred other cities on, as Nixon put it, “everybody but the rioters themselves.”" Buchanan went on to say, "America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known."
- Sharon Stone - For blaming the earthquake in China on China's bad karma. Stone said, "They're not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who is a friend of mine. And then all of this earthquake and all this happened and I thought, is that karma? When you're not nice, that bad things happen to you?" Over 68,000 innocent people, many of them children, have died in the earthquake. Stone needs to stick to acting and leave politics alone. Oh wait, didn't Basic Instinct 2 only bring in $100?? Hmmm, she should just sit in a corner.
4. Entertainer Who Shows That You Can Pay For School But You Can't Buy Class Award
- Papoose - This rocket scientist was set to marry Remy Ma during a visit to his boo in prison. BUT he got busted sneaking a handcuff key into the prison, so the wedding did not take place and he's been banned from Riker's for 6 months.
- Nas, Kelis and their entourage - For rocking "N*gger" jackets to the Grammy's.
- DMX - For not knowing who Barack Obama was during an XXL interview and saying, Barack?! What the f**k is a Barack? Barack Obama. Where he from Africa?..What the f**k? That ain't no f**kin' name, yo. That ain't that n**ga's name. You can't be serious. Barack Obama. Get the f**k outta here"
- Kanyeezy - For multiple airport skirmishes...
5. Person Who Wishes The Most That He Or She NEVER Heard The Name Barack Obama
- Hillary Clinton
- John McCain
- Tavis Smiley
- Jesse Jackson, Sr.
- Bill Clinton
6. WTH Moment? Award
- Gas hits $5 a gallon
- The stock market completely tanks
- Mariah Carey marries Nick Cannon after dating for 20 seconds...
- Barbara Walters writes tell all book about her interracial affair...
- Jesse Jackson talking on a live mic on FOX about castrating Barack Obama...
- Joe the Plumber gets covered during the presidential campaign like a real celebrity...
- The U.S. relay teams drop the batons in the Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Joker of The Year (Write-In Your own suggestions!)
This shall be my last post of 2008. I'm headed to sin city this weekend and if I have time to blog, then I might as well be at home. LOL. HAPPY HOLIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS
And as my parting gift--if you haven't alread--please check out the video of Jamie Foxx going at Terrence Howard. HIIIILARIOUS.
Pic Source - Trophy