Thursday, January 17, 2008

Random Question of the Day

Rumor has it that Tracey Edmonds' refusal to sign a prenup was a contributing factor in the demise of her "relationship" with Eddie Murphy. If you were marrying a millionaire, would you sign a prenup? Do you find the whole idea of such an agreement "offensive" or, is that just the reality of marriages today?
Personally, if I were marrying someone like Jigga, I'd sign and just suddenly forget to take my birth control a few times and have like 3 kids. That way, I'd be guaranteed 90 grand a month and that's enough, I wouldn't need millions. Hey, don't judge me. A girl has to secure her future.....
What do you think?

6 comments:

TravelDiva said...

Well, if I was marrying a millionaire, I might sign a prenup, but I would change the language to the contract so that there was some wiggle room--like, if he cheats on me it's void. :-)

I'm not a millionaire, but odds are I would want my future husband to sign a prenup. Hell if I'm paying alimony.

Grown Woman said...

that's a good idea. Plus, I think that there should be some provision for longevity. Say, if we divorce w/i the first 5 years of marriage, I don;t get anything. But, if we're married for 15 years, I should get something.

TravelDiva said...

That longevity provision makes sense.

Elle said...

I would totally sign a pre-nup but I would also secure my future by popping out at least one baby and having at least one side account all to myself. A girl needs F.U. money!

Sassy said...

he's signing one for sure and i have zero problem signing one. I'm not mixing my financial future with emotions.

HATgirl said...

big DITTO