Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Riot Corner


We're starting a new segment on CITC. I was having lunch with a friend and we were discussing the election; and my friend said he didn't know what he would do if Barack Obama lost in November. After some thought, I said jokingly, "I would riot in the streets." That lone silly comment gave me the idea to start a segment where we can just rant on about whatever issue is plaguing us on a given day. It's called The Riot Corner. Take a seat.


My first rant is on GOP Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin. As a thinking, educated woman, I find her nomination to be an insult to the American people. She clearly lacks substantive knowledge of the domestic and foreign issues facing us today. First Lady Laura Bush said that Palin did not have any foreign policy experience, but she is a "quick study." Campbell Brown called on the McCain campaign to free Sarah Palin--since it is shielding her completely from questions from reporters and not allowing her to do press conferences. And in a recent Palin interview with Katie Couric, the following exchange was had:


Couric: “But [McCain's] been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation -- not more.”


Palin: “He's also known as a maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. …”


Couric: “I'm just going to ask one more time, not to belabor the point -- specific example in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.”


Palin: “I'll try to find you some, and I'll bring them to you (she actually said "bring 'em to ya").”


Are you friggin' kidding me? I don't want someone leading me who is a "quick study." I want someone who knows what the h*ll she is doing! Reading the transcript cannot even show how inept she was at answering the question. She can't name one example of her running mate's deregulation efforts? She can't give one example of John McCain taking it to Wall Street?! Now we know for certain why the campaign has been shielding Palin from the press--she is a female George Bush! I'm HORRIFIED that she is a serious contender and I pray that the polls are right and the economic downturn is pushing people towards a change in Washington--because frankly, this beauty pageant runner up, mooseburger eating, weather girl reporting, 5 college attending, gun-toting nitwit cannot lead me out of a paperbag.


I am TravelDiva and I approved this message.


Feel free to riot on this or any other topic that strikes your fancy. LOL.

7 comments:

Tiffany S. Jones said...

ROTFLMAO!!! TravelDiva is IN the building!!!
Girl, I said a long time ago that she is worse than Bush.
What ticks me off is the fact that she has a degree in communications and she has started making us all look bad.
One of my friends with a degree in engineering made the comment, "What makes her think she's qualified to be vice president with a journalism degree?"
OK, I'm offended because I don't see what her undergrad degree has to do with anything.
The majority of politicians, local, state and national, have backgrounds in law. A lot of lawyers have undergrad majors of English, Political Science, criminal justice and the like.
How does any of that, with the exception of Poli. Sci., have to do with politics?
OK, I'm OK now.
If I have to riot on one thing other than that, it is certainly this punk a-- move by McSame and his unwillingness to debate Sen. Obama.
You know I blogged about this last night.

TravelDiva said...

LMBAO!

Yeah, I hear you. I think the journalism degree is cool, I majored in English and then went to law school. cool. But--she majored in it--got a bachelor's and didn't get a degree in anything else. Obama majored in political science, with a focus on international studies and then went to law school. That to me speaks to his educational background--focus, etc. Biden also went to law school. All Palin has is her bachelor's and it just underscores her lack of readiness.


Giiiirl, I'm headed to your blog. McCain is a joker. Why can't he multi-task? My mom said he just needs a nap.

Tyhitia Green said...

LOL. I loved that rant!! Palin is obviously clueless, not to mention annoying, but we all know that there'll be nitwits who will support her and McCain. 5 colleges to graduate? For a reason I suspect.

Remember what Chris Rock said about the C student being president? I'll take the Harvard graduate anyday, because he will be the smartest president we've ever had. It's not hard to figure out who the best choice will be.

But like Spike Lee said yesterday on Michael Baisden, "We are going to have som okie dokies who will just vote for McCain." LOL. So sad, if McCain wins, I'm moving to Canada...

12kyle said...

OMG!!! Too funny! You are off the chain

Don said...

That video was insanely funny. Did you see how Couric was staring her down the entire time Palin was fumbling and stumbling over her words. Funny ish.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH!!!! That was fabulous post!! hilarious.

Love the Riot COrner idea! I might need some blogging writing tips from you as I launch my own blog next month to catalog my post-firm adventures!!

If McCain wins I'm also moving 12Kyle!! (Though not to Canada lol).

Dag. I was horrified by the comments that came in post-debate (pundits were discussing), saying Obama looked much darker that night (as in more black) and it was affecting them. WTF?!!!! that scares the F out of me - as in, people really COULD elect McC b/c of race (which anyway a lot of folks will).

My rant is let's get this damn election OVER!!!! So we can get on with our lives and make decisions for ourselves (to move or not to move lol).

TravelDiva said...

DH - I hear you! Can I take a 4 year vacay somewhere else? LOL.

12kyle - LOL

Don - Yeah I saw it. Katie all but called her an idiot. She was speaking slowly as if Palin might understand her better if she asked the question slowly. LOL.

Lily - Girl, people are so friggin' racist. I thought McCain showed his colors too. It made me think that McCain is old--he was born in 1936--during segregation and overt racism. And during the debate his continued reference to Obama not understanding, his obvious disdain and his refusal to look at Obama--it seemed like he couldn't believe he had to share to the stage with some uppity negro.