Monday, October 20, 2008

My Evening with Danny Glover


For the past several years I have had the pleasure of working with TransAfrica Forum. TAF is a non-profit organization whose goal is to advocate on behalf of people of the African diaspora to effectuate change in U.S. foreign policy in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. Danny Glover is the Chairman of the Board. Harry Belafonte, Chuck D., Walter Mosley and a host of others are members of the Board. Last night they hosted an "Evening with Danny Glover" at a private home in Potomac, Maryland. It was fantastic. Danny was humble, had a great sense of humor and was extremely passionate about his work for people of African descent.




I had the great pleasure of meeting him and he thanked me for all of my work with TAF and gave me a hug and a kiss. (As a movie aficionado, all I kept thinking was The Color Purple, Beloved, Lethal Weapon, Witness, Dreamgirls, EEK!). I maintained my cool though. LOL. And when my fiance told Danny he was from Senegal, Danny even started speaking Wolof to him. DANNY IS THE MAN! What a great evening.

These pics are from my cell phone camera. I should be getting a few more from my friends at TAF from their digital cams.



9 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

Wow! What a great evening!

Elle said...

How fab!

12kyle said...

Did Danny Glover know that he was in the presence of a star? Haaaa

Good stuff

TravelDiva said...

LMBAO Kyle!

Edirin said...

WOW, LUCKY YOU

Tammi said...

I agree with 12Kyle! :-)

It was great to have you there!!

TravelDiva said...

Awww, thanks Tammi!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Just Wonderful...oh and love the pic, you two look so cute together (I am referring to your hubby to be :-) )
PJD

TravelDiva said...

LOL. Thanks PJD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!