1. Winner - Carrie Underwood - she was my least favorite idol winner--too dull. But I thoroughly enjoyed the vocals and attitude in her rendition of "Before he cheats."
2. Loser - Aretha Franklin's arms in that spaghetti strap dress....
3. Winner - A. Keys - she looked and sounded great! And the addition of John Mayer during her performance of "No One" = the hotness.
4. Loser - Tina Turner. I know I may be booed on this one. And I enjoyed her overall performance, but I think Tina's age is finally starting to show. When she was 62, she was still shaking it with the best of them. But now, pushing 70, she didn't have the same moves and while enthused, didn't seem quite to know the dance steps. I love you Ida Mae, but not the performance. Beyonce, on the other hand, seemed to respect that Tina was long in the tooth, and bey substantially tamped down her energy. Nice show of respect.
5. Winner - Rihanna's stylist. Her blue Zac Posen dress on the red carpet and her dress while she performed with the Time--on point!!!!!!!!!! Say what you will about her vocals, but girlfriend can dress.
6. Loser - Bebe Winan's stylist. What in the sam hell kind of jacket was he wearing? I couldn't decide whether I was angrier at him for the jacket or ReRe for wearing spaghetti straps during the gospel duet...
7. Winner - The gospel medley--The Clark Sisters, Israel and New Breed and Trinity 5:7. Good stuff.
8. Loser - Amy Winehouse's crack knees. I'm sorry, she should not have worn that dress when she knew she had skinny crack legs. NOOOOOO!
9. Herbie Hancock - Not only for winning album of the year, but for wailing on the piano during the rendition of a George Gershwin classic. Go Herbie!
10. Loser - Beyonce - for having to sit there while Jay won that award with Rih Rih and watch their playful banter.
P.S. Chris Brown's red and white suit - also makes him a loser.
Picture Source - Tina and Bey
Picture source - BeBe and Franklin