Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Karl Malone Is A Deadbeat Dad?





Who knew former NBA star Karl "The Mailman" Malone was a deadbeat dad and had R. Kelly tendencies? I certainly did not. While he was a sophomore in college, Karl fathered a child, Demetrius Bell, with a 13 year old girl. THIRTEEN! Malone has never acknowledged his son or had a relationship with him. In fact, Bell did not know Malone was his father until after he graduated from high school. And what did Malone tell Bell when he finally met him? Only that it was too late for Malone to be his father and Bell would have to “earn his money on his own.” Too late to make up for lost time? Too late to even be friends and have a relationship with your own flesh and blood?
Despite having such a triflin' father, Bell has now gone on to become a defensive tackle for the Buffalo Bills. SMH

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is just terrible. And to think I use to like him.

Good for his son for being so successful! Yay!

Tiffany S. Jones said...

Wow. That's a damn shame. I'm speechless.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Yes, I heard about this story. I also heard that he fathered twins that he only acknowledged after his wife agreed to accept them as members of the family. (I don't know if that is true, I just read it on another site)
Insane huh?
How disgusting is he?? One day he will regret this.
Product Junkie Diva

TravelDiva said...

PJD I heard the same thing. One of the twins is allegedly WNBA player Cheryl Ford. I read it in an article. Terrible.

TravelDiva said...

And he is very disgusting!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

he always had that "willy-slick" vibe to him..yuck!

Queen of My Castle said...

That is a crying shame. I admire the mom, though, or whoever raised the kid.

12kyle said...

malone aka the whitest black man in utah.

can't say that i'm surprised, tho. sounds like a lotta other dudes that i've seen before