Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gas - Getting Robbed Without A Gun


CITC blogs about whatever is on our minds, and right now, the price at the pump has me steaming. I'm now up to $60.00/week, and I sincerely believe stations are watering down the gas because it is not lasting as long.

In the D.C. metro area, even regular gas has cracked the $4/gallon mark. Plus gas I've seen at $4.19 and premium gas as high as $4.30. It is SCANDALOUS, and apparently the prices are not going to go down any time soon. I believe one Exxon executive indicated last week that Americans were just going to have to adjust to gas at $4.00. Unreal. We definitely need to find some alternative energy source, mass market it and make it affordable, because this is straight ridiculous.

What are the gas prices in your area?

Picture Source

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is both hilarious & the truth. I bought gas yesterday & I don't even think the needle moved. It's terrible.

Tiffany S. Jones said...

"What are gas prices in your area?"
Too damn much! Last night when I came in I think the cheapest I saw was $3.79. I never thought I'd see the day where I'm breaking my neck for $3.79 a gallon for regular.

TravelDiva said...

Girl, I would probably lose my mind if I saw $3.79...Sad.

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

i think we're still in the high 3's...what a mess!

Tyhitia Green said...

Gas in my area right now is $3.69. There was a gas war a few weeks ago near my home, and the two stations were charging $3.12 a gallon, which is certainly no steal, but better than what else we were offered.

This is just scary and oil execs continue to get rich along with Dubya, who is also a Texas oil man.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey,
We have cracked the 4.00 mark as well. This one gas station is really funny, you can leave for work and see one price and later in the day you literally see the man changing the number to another price....what a clown.
Product Junkie Diva

TravelDiva said...

PCD and DH - I would love to be in the $3s. Sad but true. Dubya makes me sick.

PJD - LOL. Jokers!

Phyllis Bourne said...

We're in the high $3's, can't stand to look anymore.

12kyle said...

3.88 here in ATL.

*scheming on a way to steal gas*

HATgirl said...

Don't know about yall but I'm getting by . . . by blaming everything on the price of gas - Late to work again b/c the damn gas price, I'm tired b/c of the damg gas price. Bet I could even distract my supervisor when he wants to critique my work - aren't those gas prices a beotch!!

TravelDiva said...

STOP IT! LMAOOOOOOOO!