Friday, September 18, 2009

Joker Of The Week Nods


Hello folks!


There have been soooo many worthy Joker nominees during my hiatus. I'm not going to name them now--but they will get a shoutout in the Joker of the Year nominations! But on to this week's nods......


  • Anti-Obama Nuts - I have to give a nod to all of those people who are anti-Obama just because he is African American. I'm not talking about people who criticize him--everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I'm talking about the people LITERALLY crying because they did not want him to speak to their children in schools. I'm talking about the Tea Party folks marching on Washington with signs of Obama as a witch doctor. I'm talking about those people whose faces contort with hatred, rage and indignation while yelling at health care rallies. And I'm talking about those radio and news anchors who fan these flames of hatred.
  • Kanye West - He has to be at the top of any one's list this week after his stunt at the VMAs. Grown Woman aptly said---he's going around looking like a sad puppy now, but he did what he did and there are consequences.

  • Serena Williams - Serena is my girl. (Even though my husband has said that if he wasn't with me, he'd be with Serena. Good luck with that. Pssh, he may have to get a nod for that one. LOL). I watched the entire U.S. Open--rooting for her and she seemed pretty unstoppable until the semi-final match. I understand her frustration at being called on a foot fault at the end of such a big match. However, you can't say to a line judge, "I swear to God I'm [expletive] going to take this [expletive] ball and shove it down your [expletive] throat, you hear that? I swear to God." So for that, I have to give her a nod.

  • Joe Wilson - For yelling out "You lie" during President Obama's address to a joint session of Congress and generally being unrepentant. I mean really--is this how elected officials should conduct themselves? He wasn't some nut at a health care rally--but an elected official sitting before the President of the United States. Unbelievable.

Pic Source